Romance's Rest Launch!


 Hello, friends! I hope you enjoyed celebrating our Lord's resurrection and have started a fantastic week! Today I am so excited to share my first book spotlight with you all: Romance's Rest by Erika Mathews (check out her blog here: http://restinglife.com/blog). Here is the blurb before I jump in:

Her love seems to have passed him by.
Little does he know that true covenant Love is knocking at his door.

Kethin Ellith’s life is brimful: a new town, his dream job working with people and animals, an active social life, and now a spunky, godly woman who has captured his heart. But how can he have any sort of relationship with her when she’s not even interested in a single conversation?

Faeth Dale delights in being an avid flower gardener and the middle sister of a lively, close-knit family. She has her own non-negotiable reasons for avoiding all male friendships, particularly with spiritually shallow men like Kethin. But would Adon Olam give her this apparently conflicted guidance?

When rejection, grief, and longing jolt Kethin’s reality, knowing love seems permanently beyond him. And what is this spiritual concept of covenant he keeps encountering? As his struggles in this new relationship with Adon Olam intertwine with the struggles of his heart, Kethin comes face to face with both the starkness and breathtaking gloriousness of divine love itself—and a decision that costs him everything.

Oh, where should I start? This was my first time reading anything by Erika Mathews and I have to say I was not disappointed. While Romance's Rest is the sixth in the Truth from Taerna series you can easily read the books out of order. There were hardly any confusing parts and the writing was clear and concise. The story seemed to move a bit slowly but the theme was continually woven in. More importantly, the truths conveyed were not just pithy regurgitations; they were real and applied in everyday areas of life.

Kethin's struggle to love Adon Olam, and to understand the depth of love bestowed on him, reminded me of my own journey. He doesn't understand the first time, or the second time, or even the third time. He has to continually probe the depths of the Book and come to realize that true covenant love requires sacrifice. He has to learn that before he can actually love Faeth he has to despise her. Only then can Adon Olam's love flow through him to her.

Faeth is definitely someone I want to emulate. She's quieter (something I definitely am not:) and contemplative, but people come to her for advice and to ask for prayer. I want my life to be defined by my obedience to God and not by any earthly desires, and Faeth has given me an example of what that looks like.

As far as content goes, I have no warnings. The romance, language, and characters are clean, so the entire family can easily read this book. It will provide good discussion on what true love truly is, both in relation to the Lord and other people.

You will not regret reading this book!!! You can order it at this link right here: https://www.amazon.com/Romances-Rest-Truth-Taerna-Book-ebook/dp/B09S3ZVRZN/  

And if you are interested in the rest of the series you can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NGNRZV9?searchxofy=true&binding=kindle_edition&ref_=dbs_s_aps_series_rwt_tkin&qid=1644290710&sr=8-2

I hope you enjoyed this review!

Tally ho!

Rachael Anne

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this spotlight and lovely review, Rachael! So glad you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Erika! I had so much fun writing it!

      Delete
  2. Great review! I'm so excited to read this book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Chilly Breeze and Puppy Days

Untold Character Interview!