Before You Meet Prince Charming Book Review



 Good morning, friends! 

Today I am bringing you another book review! Just a few weeks ago I finished reading Before You Meet Prince Charming by Sarah Mally, and WOW it was so good! The book is described as A Guide to Radiant Purity and is directed toward young ladies, so if you are not a young lady (or a parent of a young lady) you may not find this post very interesting or applicable. :)

Let me start by saying that I really needed to read this book. It's been sitting on one of the bookshelves in the basement for a few years and I've always told myself, "I'm good. I don't need to read that." Sometimes I'm glad to be wrong, and now I'm wishing I had read it sooner! I have found myself in almost constant battle against our culture, more specifically our culture's views on relationships, and often wondering what resources I can turn to for encouragement. Ms. Mally weaves Biblical principles, personal experience, and practical advice into a book that will challenge and inspire you. 

Before You Meet Prince Charming is radically different from the advice you hear from the American culture. While most people will tell you to follow your heart and do whatever feels right in the moment, Ms. Mally challenges young women to be different. She challenges us to be patient and use our single years to grow in the Lord, not just daydream about the day we will get married. This was fresh advice for me, who has grown up in a conservative Christian home but had never really thought much about dating/courting. In fact, I don't think our family has really talked about it much at all! This helped me get a better grasp of the beliefs I have about marriage and courtship, as well as share stories of other young women who have been patient and eventually rewarded! 

As far as content goes, I have no warnings. Ms. Mally does a very good job of addressing young women of all ages, so I would recommend this book for preteens and upward. I also recommend reading it with one or both parents, as it can open up good discussion about dating, courtship, and marriage.

I hope you check it out!

Tally ho!

Rachael Anne

P.S. I'm still figuring out the best way to write reviews, so if you have any comments, suggestions, or tips for future reviews please let me know in the comments! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Romance's Rest Launch!

A Chilly Breeze and Puppy Days

Untold Character Interview!